Document & Information Management, Security, Retention & Archiving
Contact us for further details.
Information is an essential asset for any organisation. Managed well, it increases efficiency and quality and contributes directly to the bottom line. Information managed badly is a risk.
Document & Information Management, Security, Retention & Archiving Course is a complete program and will give you understanding, tools and templates to manage information according to laws and regulations.
THIS TRAINING CONSISTS OF TWO WORKSHOPS:
Workshop 1: Theory, Policy and Governance (Day 1 - Day 2)
Workshop 2: Methods and Best Practices (Day 3 - Day 4)
This training workshop can be taken as a full 4 day course, or as either a 2-Day course (Day 1 & 2) for Decision-makers, Directors, and Senior Officers responsible for the costs and risks of Information, or a 2-Day course (Day 3 & 4) for team leaders and staff with day to day, hands-on responsibility for managing information.
Upon registration, you are required to complete a short questionnaire related to your expectation and other issues.
Upon completing Day 1 & 2 (Theory, Policy and Governance), you will be able to:
- Know what the costs and risks of badly managed Information are, and the benefits of well-managed information
- Understand the basic theories of information security and retention
- Ensure that your Information Governance is fit for purpose
- Know why you keep information and when you should destroy it, legally and safely
- Manage your organization’s archives
- Ensure that paper and digital documents are managed to the same standards
- Reduce and manage the flood of email and social media
- Create Policies to guide your staff
Who should attend:
- CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, COOs & their PAs
- Company Secretaries, Legal officers
- Directors and Managers of regulated dept
- Managers from regulated industries
- Managers planning M&As, Divestments or business expansions
- Staff preparing for promotion to these levels
- Staff who need to influence or inform their Chief Officers at these levels
Upon completing Day 3 & 4 (Methods and Best Practices), you will be able to:
- Survey your information to identify what you have, what it is costing you, and what risks it carries
- Assess the quality of your information processes and take steps to save time and money
- Decide whether you need software to improve information management and configure that software
- Train and monitor staff who are creating, filing, finding and using information to ensure best practice
- Improve filing systems and labelling (metadata) to make life easier for all staff
Who should attend:
- Staff responsible for information, Records, Information Security or Retention
- Staff from IT who design, configure or maintain systems for information users
- Document Controllers, Administrative Officers, Archivists, Records Managers
- Participants who attended Day 1 & 2 that wish to learn the methods for implementing the Policies
For further details, kindly download the PDF brochure, or Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your seats.