The Craft Of Technical & Scientific Writing & Presentation
17 - 18 September 2012
“The Craft Of Technical & Scientific Writing & Presentation” is a two-day workshop, Technical & Scientific Writing on Day 1 and Technical & Scientific Presentation on Day 2.
This is a complete workshop which will transform your ability to communicate clearly and memorably, in both written and oral form, about your technical & scientific work.
These interactive workshops will provide direct opportunity for you to make progress on both a written document and a presentation of your work.
You will learn practical, yet cutting edge techniques that will make your technical & scientific communications most effective.
Participants will get a copy of best-selling books “The Craft of Scientific Writing” & ”The Craft of Scientific Presentations” by Michael Alley, Associate Professor Engineering Communications, Penn State University.
DAY 1 THE CRAFT OF TECHNICAL & SCIENTIFIC WRITING
This session is designed to help scientists, engineers, and technical professionals improve the way that they communicate their work in journal papers, conference publications, and proposals.
(1) to learn the stylistic differences between strong writing and weak writing in research documents;
(2) to make the writing process more efficient; and
(3) to break ground on a research document.
DAY2 THE CRAFT OF TECHNICAL & SCIENTIFIC PRESENTATIONS
This session is designed to help scientists, engineers, and technical make their research presentations more understandable, memorable, and persuasive.
(1) to learn effective strategies for structuring research presentations;
(2) to rethink the design of visual aids;
(3) make technical presentations more understandable and memorable; and
(4) to learn how to translate the passion for the work into confidence during a presentation.
“This course totally revolutionized my approach to delivering presentations. Absolutely fabulous and practical presentation.”
“Probably one of the most useful and practical course on writing & presentation.”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Scientists & Researchers
- Project Managers
- Architects & Software Developers
- Operation, Maintenance & Plant Managers
- Those who must communicate regularly about scientific or technical material.
- This course will also help the Engineering, Science & Medical students to excel in technical presentations.
Download the PDF brochure & registration form or contact us to register.