Advanced Certificate in Critical Infrastructure Security: Risk Management & Investigation
26 - 28 October 2009
The Advanced Certificate in Critical Infrastructure Security: Risk Management & Investigation is a formally recognized qualification and is also recognized at higher education level. The units contained within the certification are endorsed by the Australian Ministry of Education & all Australian Police Services.
This hand on course takes a practical approach in identifying and responding to threats and safety issues relevant to your people, buildings and infrastructure.
Delegates learn how to assess and investigate risk so that procedures can be put in place and changes made to minimize risk and therefore reduce the likelihood of an incident.
Many companies are only reactive in their approach to risk. If a safety matter is brought to their attention then action is taken. This course looks at pro-active ways to investigate risk and locate flaws in operating procedures and systems before they escalate.
The monetary benefits to any company using a Pro-Active approach can be substantial as you are identifying threats and issues before they happen, not after they happen Whilst most companies use theory based training, the 360BSI & Australian School of Security and Investigations uses true to life training scenarios that require course participants to make decisions under difficult and stressful conditions whilst under the guidance of our professional and experienced instructors.
This programme will develop the core skills needed to assess and protect your infrastructure against Security and Risk threats. The training is both practical and realistic and is relevant to your working environment.
DAY1 KNOWING OUR ENVIRONMENT
- Understanding the environment we work in
- Building design – Security and Safety implications
- Staff and External Contractors – Considerations
- Threat Assessment & Management
- Natural Disasters
- Planning for Terrorism
- Practical Exercise – Exposing Security Flaws. This exercise
is designed to provide a practical and sometimes disturbing
demonstration of the laws in building and infrastructure security.
DAY2 MANAGING OUR ENVIRONMENT
- Legislation affecting the Security of Critical Infrastructure
- Occupational Health and Safety – Your obligations
- Planning for the unknown
- Intelligence gathering – What do we do with information?
- Indicators & Identifying potential threats
- Effective Communications
- Emergency Evacuation procedures – What should we consider?
- Drills – How to make them effective
- Practical Exercise – Communications – This practical exercise is designed to demonstrate the importance of clear and descriptive communications using a range of equipment.
DAY3 EFFECTIVE RESPONSE & INVESTIGATING INCIDENTS
- Emergency Response – What does the first person on scene do?
- Working as a team
- Communications Management & Systems
- Checking your Resources
- Talking to the Media
- Business Continuity – Do you have a plan
- Determine method of investigation & tools
- The Incident Scene & Preserving Evidence
- Surveillance, criminal and factual investigation techniques
- Interviewing Witnesses & gathering information
- Compile investigative report
- Delegating & Liaison with Management
- Practical Exercise – Surveillance & Reverse Role Play – This exercise is designed so that delegates look at Infrastructure Security risks from a different perspective. This is a very powerful and eye opening exercise and is used in many of our training courses to great success.
Download the brochure for full details.