Advanced Fire Officer 1
09 - 13 September 2013
Day 1 – 3: Leadership and Communications – 24 Hours
Day 4 – 5: Incident Operations – 16 Hours
Scope: Standard identifies the minimum job performance requirements necessary to perform the duties of a fire service officer.
Purpose: To specify the minimum job performance requirement for service as a fire officer.
Goal: To produce fire service officers who meet the requirements of NFPA 1021.
Description: Advanced Fire Officer 1 (NFPA 1021) consists of 2 parts, Leadership and Communications (24 Hours) and Incident Operations (16 Hours). The course will be delivered through classroom and hands-on field application training. Training is conducted through student participation, operational classes, field exercises and scenarios, classroom exercises and discussions.
This course offers student-learners an opportunity to develop and practice effective leadership and communication skills as they relate to the supervisory role of the Company Officer, the Fire Prevention Officer and the Training Officer. Particular emphasis is placed on communication, delegation and motivational skills as a leader.
This program meets or exceeds all requirements set by the National Fire Protection Association Standard 1021, and provides an NFPA 1021 certification.
- Skills test are a Pass or Fail and must be successfully achieved in order to pass this component and receive certification.
- There will be assignments worth 50% of the overall grade.
- The Final exam is worth 50% of the overall grade.
- A pass mark on each test and the exam is 70%. Every test and the exam must be passed in order to qualify for certification.
“The instructors were highly qualified, and after this training, I can confidently say I am prepared for the unexpected.”
- Christian Lamoureux, Captain Emergency Services Coordinator - Albian Oil Sands
“FESTI’s facilities rank with the best. The outdoor training structures take you through your paces and prepare you for real-life scenarios.”
- Gary Renaud, Senior Airport Fire Officer with the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Services
Contact us for further information.