Media Crisis Management
06 - 07 June 2010
Mastering the art of media management
When it comes to handling relations with the media, there is very little, if any, room for error. Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal relations with the media are essential to prevent a possible public relations disaster.
This course is the most highly interactive, hands-on workshop available, with extensive use of digital video recording feedback, giving participants the tools necessary to work with the media during a crisis. After completing training, participants can confidently and correctly manage media contacts.
Participants will gain an in depth understanding of all aspects of working with the media. They will enhance both their organization’s image and their careers by effectively and efficiently managing crisis situations.
This workshop with its extensive use of 8 digitally video recorded exercises coupled with professional video examples showing the correct way to handle the most difficult situations enables all attendees to master the art of media management.
Media Crisis Management will teach you:
- How to conduct face-to-face interviews during a crisis
- How to manage a crisis situation (smoke, fire or injury) safely and effectively
- How to satisfy the needs of the media during a crisis, while working for the best interests of your organization.
- How to work with the media to present accurate information without being "sandbagged," or appearing misinformed
- How to plan your media presentation - appear knowledgeable and collected under the pressure
- How to maintain control of the most challenging of situations despite scrutiny from the public
Latest Case Study:
The Toyota vehicle recalls in 2009 & 2010 received widespread media coverage and portrayed Toyota in a negative light, due mainly to management’s slow response to the crisis situation. In late February 2010, Toyota’s CEO, Akio Toyoda, made a public apology, but by then the damage was done. Toyota’s image of quality & reliability was badly tarnished as a result, with drops in share value, customer loyalty and revenue worldwide.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Company Chairman & Directors
- VPs, GMs of Corporate Communications
- Heads & Managers of Marketing
- Media & Public Relations Managers
- HR Directors
- Legal Counsels & Advisors
For full details, kindly download the PDF brochure.