Investigation, Interviewing Techniques & Report Writing [GA]
13 - 15 March 2012
The Advanced Certificate in Investigation, Interviewing Techniques & Report Writing (Certificate III in Investigative Services) is the highest recognized qualification & a pre-requisite course for licensing of investigators in Australia.
The aim of the course is to develop a participant’s proficiency in investigation methodologies including the investigation of thefts, assaults, domestic disputes, carelessness, negligence, industrial accidents and crimes.
There is also a need to investigate breaches of procedures and other misconduct for disciplinary purposes, and to recommend and implement measures aimed at improving safety procedures.
This hands-on course is designed to help equip the participants with the skills necessary to undertake effective investigations, to understand the implications of the law and provides a simple method of documenting an investigation.
The course consists of a series of inter-connecting modules which include presentations, demonstrations, discussions and exercises.
Investigation, Interviewing Techniques & Report Writing will enable delegates to:
- Conduct an investigation effectively
- Conduct an interview with confidence
- Understand the law as it affects the conduct of an interview
- Employ effective questioning strategies
- Control an interview and to interpret the body language and responses of those being interviewed
- Document an investigation in a simple yet professional manner
This course is intended for:
- Professional managers with responsibility for conducting internal investigations
- Security personnel who have a duty to investigate crime
- Auditors who may find discrepancies due to misconduct of some kind
- Safety Managers who are responsible for ensuring safety
For further details, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org or download the PDF brochure.