Managing Global Sourcing - Emerging issues in global outsourcing
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Dates to be confirmed
Today outsourcing of business services from call centres, accounting to software is on the agenda of almost every firm both public and private sector.
This course provides the theoretical concepts and practical examples to enable an understanding of the management of the outsourcing process.
The course aims to provide a perspective on the role of outsourcing of various business services in a global context. The course will examine both sides of the outsourcing relationship: client and supplier.
From the client’s viewpoint we will discuss decisions relating to which activities and systems to outsource and which to retain in house; country selection; supplier selection, controls and capabilities to successfully manage the outsourcing relationship.
From the supplier viewpoint, we will examine strategies for knowledge transfer, managing the client relationship and capabilities.
Managing Global Sourcing will enable delegates to:
- Choose appropriate candidates for outsourcing – products, services, software, accounting, call centres etc.
- Organise supplier selection
- Identify the risks of outsourcing offshore and how can these risks be managed
- Decide relationship forms: Total outsourcing or selective sourcing, multi sourcing, co-sourcing, spinoffs, creative contracting, joint venture, build operate transfer
- The outsourcing case for small and medium sized firms.
- Choose sourcing location
- Backsourcing, nearsourcing
- Emerging issues in global outsourcing
Who should attend:
- Heads of Departments considering outsourcing
- IT Personnel
- Finance & Accounting Staff
- Purchasing & Contracts Officers
- Legal Counsels & Advisors
- Outsourcing Service Providers
Contact us and Register today!